Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blood Splatter!!!!

Warning: Picture Heavy!!!

I've been seeing many posts about people doing blood splatter nails. I was very excited to try it myself. It made me think of my favorite show.... Dexter :)

So it's pretty easy to do once you know how to do it.

 You just put down a base color of your choice. Here are the colors I used:
I used L.A. Colors "Energy Source" and did 3 coats. It's not the best white because it is so sheer and  very streaky :( but it was the only white I had, but I have since bought a new one :)

On top of that I used 2 coats of Sinful Colors "Easy Going" to give it a little bit of a sparkle.

To do the splatter you pour a little of the red, I used L.A. Colors "Hot Blooded" out and dip a straw in it and blow through it to create the splatter :) I put tape around my fingers so the clean up would be easier. What you see in the pictures is the remining clean up needed. So here are pictures of what I ended up with... I really like it!! The red ended up being kind of pinkish so next time I will have to use a darker red next time.

 
 











I hope you enjoyed. Please leave any comments or questions you may have. Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com