Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sunset Mani...

Last Saturday I was out driving around and I just happed to look at the sky as the sun was going down. It was so pretty. The nice blue sky with fluffy litte clouds that were tinted red from the sun. As I looked at the sky I said to myself: "Raeven... You need to make your nail look like the sky." I thought I had a pretty good idea, so when I got home I pulled out a nail wheel to play with some colors to see if I could find a combination of colors to give me the effect I was looking for....

This is what I ended up with...




I think it turned out pretty good. I used 2 coats of Sinful Colors "Rise and Shine" the blue was a little brighter then I wanted but when I added 2 coats of Maybelline Colorama "Ruby Rays" it muted the blue out a little and made it the perfect shade for me. After that I felt that it still needed a little something so I added a coat of OTD Northern Lights... PERFECT!!!! I loved how it turned out so much that I kept it on for 3 days.. normally I change every other day if not every day... It turned out better then I though it would and IMO it looked even better in person. Flakies are so hard to capture on camera :/

I recieved "Ruby Rays" from a swap I did with Nail Xchange it was a surprise she threw in and I was so excited about it since I don't really have a lot of flakies :)

What do you think? Have you used either of these polishes before.

Thanks for reading and as always please leave any comments or questions below!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com