Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Multiple Hot Mess Mardi Gras Mani's

I really wanted to do something for Mardi Gras since I wasn't going to do anything else other then work. lol the ideas in my head looked great.... and on the nail they were a big ol' hot mess lol I did 3, and the last stayed on my nails only because I was to tired to try a fourth time... I used the same 3 basic colors for all three: O.P.I. - "DS Glow", Spoiled - "I'm So Jaded", Spoiled - "Pet My Peacock", and China Glaze - "Gothic Lolita" so here they are in all of their failed glory:

 I was trying to do some sponging... but it didn't look good at all. The big chunky glitter doesn't really help lol

This was suppose to be a gradient I guess, but it just looks like some goofy candy corn. So another failure in my book.

 I think if I hadn't added the black I would have been happier with this one. I decided to just leave it on since I was too tired to go for fail #4... I also used China Glaze - Golden Enchantment for this one.
 So this was just a big disappointment, but I guess if you don't try you never know how it will turn out... so i will chalk it all up to a learning experience.

I decided to give my eyes a try instead this morning since I'm a bit better in that department lol. The pictures are the greatest but I did my best :)
From the inner corner out I used Venomous - "Green Mamba", Fyrinnae - :Lucky Charmed" and Tick:Tock - "Methusela" and for the highlighting I used Fyrinnae - "Moon Child"


And this is the girl behind the blog... Me!! lol

So Happy Mardi Gras and thanks for reading. If you have any questions or comments please do so below. I hope to have a giveaway soon so keep an eye out for that :)

2 comments:

  1. i actually really like the first mani lol...it LOOKS like mardi gras

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol thank you. I think it looks better in the picture then IRL, I showed it to my mom after I did it and she just gave me this weird look lol, but I guess Mardi Gras is just a big ol' hot mess too when you think about it. One year I will actually go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras!!! :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com