Saturday, June 16, 2012

Quick and Dirty...

So I realized that it's been a bit since my last post. I've been dealing with a lot of personal stuff and I won't bore or bother you with it. Instead I'll just give you a quick mani :)

I was bored one day so I asked for some weird color combos from some girls in a Facebook group. Well one of the first responses was purple and orange.... So that's what I did :)

 I started out with 2 coats of Essence "Dress For A Moment"
 
 For the orange I used Revlon "Sorbet"

 and for the purple I used one of the new summer neons China Glaze "Beach Cruise-r"
This purple practically glows!!! I love it.

 I'm loving gradients right now so I thought it would be fun to put it at an angle. The formula was great for both polishes. I had no issues with application.
Just look at that purple!!!

 I wanted to add something to it so I figured the best thing to do would be stamping. I chose Mash-44 .... Afterwards I wish I had chosen a different image, but it turned out ok I guess

 I only wore this for 1 day so I don't count it as a win.... but I do plan on using that purple again soon :)
I did find it a little hard for me to center the image on all my nails, but I think I just need some more practice.

So do you think this was a hit or miss? Let me know in the comments!! Thanks for reading!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm thinking of maybe doing some more odd color combo manis

      Delete
  2. I really like this! You did a great job. I hope things work out for you IRL. Sending good vibes your way for everything to sort out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope it works out too... Just spent 5 hours in the ER with my fiance, hopeful it will start looking up soon :)

      Delete
  3. Wow the purple and orange gradient looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the puple and orange. Looks good with the stencil but I think it looks better without! I have got to try this ! I have one of the puple neons on right now so just have to add the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh, that purple leaps off the screen! Love!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com