Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Neons Gradient & Small Haul....

Today I have another gradient... big surprise :)!!! I really love doing gradients, but I hate the clean up... So I thought about it and figured I'd try using tape just like when you would do a water marble (which I still can't seem to do).

I did my base coat, Essence "Can't Cheat On Me", and then taped off all my nails, like so:
 "Can't Cheat On Me" is a nice scattered holo. I didn't realize it until I first used it. You can totally tell when you look at the bottle, I just wasn't paying attention when I bought it :)
 Love this polish!!!
 For the gradient I used 3 colors from the China Glaze Summer Neons Collection:  "Surfin' For Boys" "I'm With The Lifeguard" and "Sun-Kissed"

 This was a mani I did a little while ago so it was before I learned about the painting the polish on the sponge technique. The polishes don't fade as nicely but I still like the out come.

  "Surfin' For Boys"
  "I'm With The Lifeguard"

"Sun-Kissed"

I'm really loving this collection so far. Since this mani I've picked up a few more from the collection. "I'm With The Lifeguard" is not in my top 5 favorite greens. I even made sure to by a back up bottle since I have a feeling I will be using it a lot!! :)

I some what recently bought some polish from a blog sale on The TraceFace Philes blog. Most of them are new brands to me so I was excited to get them.

 Teeez "Femme Fatale", Duri "I Don't Kiss and Tell", Misa "Sisterhood" & "Sweet Pleasure"
Chelsea "Dip It Low", China Glaze Crackle "Concrete", and 3 Golden Rose holos

The only one of of these brands I've tried before was China Glaze, all the rest are new to me :) I've very happy with what I got. She still had a ton of stuff left, if your interested go take a look: The TraceFace Philes Blog Sale

Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what those Golden Rose holos look like! Love the neon mani! I haven't picked up and of the neons from the new collection, but I really need to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that first color :)

    XOXO
    Alexandra Marie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com