Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Challenge Roundup: My Favorites

So I took a day from the nail world to take a break and re-charge. Doing a 30 day challenge really takes a lot out of you lol. I wanted to do a quick recap of some of my favorites from the past 30 days!
 
Here we go: You can click the pictures to be taken to the original post!
 
Day 2: Orange Nails - I loved the accidental gradient that happened on my ring and pinkie finger
 
 
Day 7: Black and White Nails - This was my first time using a water decal and I think it turned out really cute.
 
Day 11: Polka Dots - This was my first time using dotting tools and I fell in love with this mani, I almost didn't want to take it off. I will be doing this a lot in the future.
 
 
Day 13: Animal Print - I've been practicing my stamping more and even though the stamp didn't transfer 100% I still think it turned out great. We will be seeing this again in the future as well :)
 
 
Day 17: Glitter - This was my first go at a Jelly Sandwich and I loved it. I can't wait to try other combinations.
 
 
Day 19: Galaxy - I always thought galaxy mani's were so pretty and I never thought I would be able to do it. But thanks to this challenge it pushed me to give it a try. I think it turned out pretty well for my first try.
 
 
Day 20: Water Marble - Me and water marbles never got along, but I pushed that aside for this challenge and after hours. and I really mean hours, of trial and fails I finally came out with something decent. I've learned that I need to be more patient when doing these and have decided to try it again in the future.
 
 
Day 22: Inspired By A Song - I knew right away what song I was going to use, "Nothing But The Water" by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, and I loved the calming effect these nails gave me when I looked at them.
 
 
Day 23: Inspired By A Movie - This mani was actually inspired by a group of movies in truth, I was thinking of zombie movies when I did this. I really love blood splatter manis and this was no exception.
 
 
Day 28: Inspired By A Flag - I'm mostly German so this was an easy choice. I love how the dots and the fish braid looked together. I think if I have done all the nails with the fish braid it would have been too much. I look forward to trying it again with other colors.
 
 
 
Day 30: Inspired By A Tutorial - This was the last one, and I was giving it a second shot. Once you figure out how to do it, it is pretty easy. It's kinda time consuming and messy so tape is a big help. This is another one that I plan on doing again too.
 
 
So those are my favorites of the challenge. If you want to see more just click a picture and you can also see the other ladies that participated in that days challenge. I really had a lot of fun and learned some new things. I would totally do a challenge again, but maybe a shorter one lol.
 
Thanks for reading. Which mani was your favorite?

1 comment:

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com