Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Snowflakes and Snowfall

So this is the start of a new challenge. I'm looking forward to this one since it's only twice a week instead of every day. It was set up by Crumpet's Nail Tarts, a facebook group that I just recently joined. If you want to join in on the challenge, just request to join the group! I was so excited that I did this mani a couple of days ago :)
 
Here is the schedule for the challenge:
 When I saw snowflakes, I knew exactly what I was going to do.
 
 I started out with 2 coats of O.P.I. "DS Magic" It is a beautiful blue and I found myself staring at my nails because it is very eye catching. I got a few compliment (including from my boss, who's male) on my nails too.
 
 The formula was perfect and it applied great. You can kinda see more of a purple flash on the ring finger, that was from me applying a coat of Max Factor "Fantasy Fire" but I didn't like it so I covered it up.
 
 China Glaze "Make A Spectacle" reminded me of snow, even though it was from the Halloween collection this year. I did 2 coats on my ring fingers for an accent.
 
 
 Then using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Silver Sweep" and stamping plates RA-119 and BM-323 I applied pretty pretty snowflakes on my nails. I was so happy that it turned out how I pictured it in my head.
 
 
 I've tried stamping in the past with mixed results, but I finally realized that it's all in the polish you use. I guess the Insta-Dri polishes are great for stamping.
 
Well that's my Snowflake nails. Make sure to check out the other girls nails and thanks for reading!
 
 

5 comments:

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com