Tuesday, July 2, 2013

4th of July Skittles

I couldn't decide what to do for a 4th of July mani, so I kinda just did a little of everything. I used more polishes then I thought I would lol.

These are all the polishes I used: Finger Paints "Santa's Magic" Hard Candy "Fireworks" Fing'rs Heart 2 Art "Star Crossed Lovers" Wet N' Wild Fergie "Hollywood Walk Of Fame" Essie "Blanc" China Glaze "Splish Splash" and Zoya "Sarah"

I started out with a base coat of Essie "blanc" it's been my go to white polish. It applies well, but it needed 3 coats to be fully opaque. I used 3 coats for a good starting point. I then started painting... This is what I ended up with:

 Here is the break down of each nail. All are over 3 coats of white.

 On my thumbs I used 2 coats of Zoya "Sarah" and using a striping brush I used Essie "blanc" again. This is suppose to be like the stripes on the flag.

 Next on the pointer finger I had to have the blue with stars, so I did 2 coats of China Glaze "Splish Splash" This polish is from last years summer neon collection (which is still one of my favorite collections) Application was smooth and opaque.

 I then used Fing'rs Heart 2 Art "Star Crossed Lovers" for the stars. They were being a pain so I used a dotting tool to place the stars in random places.

 On my middle fingers I applied Wet N' Wild Fergie "Hollywood Walk Of Fame" again I had to use a dotting tool to place the stars, and I didn't even realize I put them in a circle until I was editing the photos. It makes me think of fireworks :)

 The ring fingers are 2 coats of Hard Candy "Fireworks" the combo of red and blue made me think of the 4th so I though it was fitting. I wasn't crazy about this polish. It applies to messy for my likes. I think I might have liked it a little better if I had put it over a red base so that it looked more opaque.

 On my pinky nails I just applied 2 coats of Finger Paints "Santa's Magic" It applied nicely and I had no issues with it.

 After all of this was done I still felt like it needed something.

 Hmmmmm......

 AH HA!!! Just add a glitter top coat :) That always makes everything better! So that is just what I did.

 I guess it will do. I think if I would have thought about it more I think I could have come up with something better.

So what do you think? Does it make you think of 4th of July?

Thanks for reading and have a great holiday!!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, that looks like a lot of work! Love the way you placed the Fergie stars especially.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments or questions you may have. I can also be reached at ravensekhmet@gmail.com